Wednesday, February 02, 2011

SILLY SEASON AGAIN.

OK, I saw this on Patty's blog and before I could get to it, it came again from Betty and again as a comment on Patty's blog. So here is my response. I'm not sure the answers would all be the same if I had to do this again in a couple of weeks, but who knows? It is just some silly fun and maybe it will generate some questions or comments which I will count as real dialogue. Be nice, kids.

1. What color are your socks right now? White ones are in the drawer, dirty ones in the hamper; I’m wearing skin at the moment.
2. What are you listening to right now? Heater fans and a couple of ticking, pendulum clocks.
3. What was the last thing you ate? Salad, stew, and cornbread.
4. Can you drive a stick shift? Yup! And I used to be able to operate a forklift and a dual drive D-8 caterpiller tractor too..
5. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Precious Ethel with an update about Larry.
6. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I love my bride more than mere words can say; I love my daughter and daughter-in-law Dana’s versions too.
7. How old are you today? Still 71 today (if I’m not in a coma).
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV America’s real national sport: Baseball
9. What is your favorite drink? I drink a lot of caffeine free diet Pepsi.
10. Have you ever dyed your hair? Sort of, with shoe polish for a Sophomore class float in high school.
11. Favorite food? A good rib-eye steak? Dark chocolate? (Such a small line for such a long list!)
12. What is the last movie you watched? We saw “The King’s Speech” recently at the local cinema.
13. Favorite day of the year? Christmas, I guess.
14. How do you vent? I don’t vent well; I tend to gunny-sack instead.
15. What was your favorite toy as a child? Oh, there were a lot, but my first thought went to a collection of small cars. (They predated “matchbox”.)
16. What is your favorite season? Late Spring and early Summer.(Although I almost said "Lemon Pepper")
17. Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries are real fruit with honest pits! The other have pithy grit and worms and taste “blue”.
18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Sure, selectively. I don’t much care for enormous megabyte picture files on random topics.
19. Who is the most likely to respond? Most of my regular correspondents come through in timely fashion.
20. Who is least likely to respond? A nearby son-in-law.
21. Living situation? Ecstatic wedded bliss with my best friend, counselor, lover, and sometime conscience.
22. When was the last time you cried? I cried over “Hallmarks’ The Lost Valentine” and I only saw the second hour of two.
23. What is on the floor of your closet right now? Ugh! Shoes, boxes of new file folders, satchels of maps and misc, a computer case, and a stack of plastic crates holding seldom used clothing. (so no mo flo’)
24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? On my website? I think there are several folk I’ve known over forty years, and once in a rare while one fellow I’ve known just over fifty years.
25. What did you do last night? Worked some on a “text” I am preparing, watched a little TV, and read until midnight.
26. What are you most afraid of? Dying a lingering, helpless death.
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? No ,thank you. I ‘m trying to watch my diet.
28. Favorite dog breed? There are lots of fascinating kinds of dogs, but I am not "fond" of any of them.
29. Favorite day of the week? Of course, the Lord’s Day, but I like any day when I get to spend time with my grandkids.
30. How many states have you lived in? CO, CA, KS, OH, AK, WA, but I’ve been to all 50 of them.
31. Diamonds or pearls? Neither for me, but either looks nice on pretty girls and beautiful ladies.
32. What is your favorite flower? Any of God’s blooms delights me, but I have probably spent more time cultivating epiphyllums (Orchid Cactus) than any other flower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home