Sunday, December 21, 2008

A QUIVER OF BLESSINGS.

** NOTE: 12-24-08. OK, this is worth a moment. Take a look! Go to http://www.wyattjourney.com/ for Dec. 24, '08 to see the most recent picture of all my grandkids.

What a season of joy. Indeed, I am among the most blessed of all men.

For the past several days, our kids from Alaska have been here. Our local kids have been hanging out here full time, even overnight. A couple of days ago most of the tri-city bunch arrived - just ahead of a terrible blizzard in the gorge - and the final member arrived today by air(!!) from a trip in the far South. [And this at a time when hundreds of inbound/outbound PDX flights have been cancelled for up to 24 hours.]

The upshot of all that information is simply this: Betty and I today have had all of our own children and their spouses and all of their children here at with us all at once, all staying under this roof, and every one is in good health and spirits. My quiver is full for sure (See Psalm 127:3-5)

It has been snowy and windy outside which has monopolized all the news channels and other media, but today has seemed very like an ordinary Alaska winter day to us. However, meals, games, a time of Lord's Day Worship, visiting and sharing, recalling memories and making new ones, and an evening of gift exchange with the Kennewick kids (who have to head home as soon as the freeway through the Columbia George is reopened) have made this another memorial experience.

There is a spread of nearly seventy years across three generations within our home. Even though it is only for a couple of days, it is a taste of heaven itself. I love my bride. I love our own three children. I love their precious life-mates. I love the children which have blessed the three marriages. Every one of these individuals is truly an impressive individual of good heart, fine mind, and cheerfulness.

I don't think I could be happier.

Thank You, my sweet and generous Lord. Please continue to rain showers of grace and goodness upon each one of my darlings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home