Saturday, December 23, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

For forty years Betty and I celebrated Christmas at home with our children. There were a few holidays in other places, but most were at home and the majority of those were in Alaska, of course. Then after a decade in Washington State, we began to realize that our kids had kids and needed to develop their own Christmas traditions. So now we are going to Edwin and Patty's place and enjoying the time and ambiance of Christmas in their warm and wonderful home.


This row of stockings Patty cross-stitched for her family reminds me of the stockings Betty made for each of us over the years. Those treasures were always hung with such anticipation every year in our living room, although more often from the wall-hung shelving than from the odd, metal, slanted fireplace hood. I guess we tend to replicate the traditions of our childhoods.

I have chosen this picture to share for my MERRY CHRISTMAS to you. It is my Christmas Card of choice this year. My wish for you, whoever you are and wherever you are is for peace and happiness. I hope you are aware of how much God loves you and I hope you have a chance to honor Him in return. I hope you will be healthy, safe, and amid folk who care for you. I hope you will have a chance to receive special blessings and somehow be able to pass some of your joy on to others.

I heard that the phrase "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" is considered too trite and trendy to use anymore. I really disagree. It's a compact truth, and it points to the much greater truth that Jesus is the Savior in all seasons for anyone who obediently accepts his Lordship. Giving yourself to Jesus would be a gift that He would treasure, and I urge you to consider doing just that. I'm praying for you to make that decision soon, and if I can help in any way, please, please, let me know.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Merry Christmas! Thanks for spending the better part of the day with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home