Saturday, January 17, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DANA LYNN

There is no doubt around Vancouver (or Kennewick) as to the status of our most recent angel. We have been stormed and taken. We are conqured and captive, and we have totally surrendered. What's more, we are completely enthralled. And she has us at her beck and call.
How one person can be - so much - to so many - so easily - and so quickly is part of the miracle Dana has proven to be. The pre-nuptual visit was wonderful, but that was short and hurried time of getting acquainted. The wedding week visit was much too busy and event focused to allow much family cosy-time. The short days together just after Eli was born were pretty much baby-oriented as we all were adjusting to that little miracle, especially mother and child. But the special three weeks over Christmas vacation more than made up for all the limitations and shortcomings of prior gatherings. Even being snowed-in with Dana is delightful.
Dana is wonderful. She seems to be able to do it all. She has a special talent for picking up on simple little things that delight each family member. She is gentle and perceptive. She is fun and she is funny. She is thoughtful and she knows quality when she met him - er, us - er, I mean a family God has blessed. And she has multiplies our blessings in more ways than one little one.
Whether we call her aunt, wife, sister, or daughter*, she is clearly our collective "BFF".

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, DANA

*PS For those of you that don't know, I am not fond of the "in-law" designation, thus Betty and I will think of Dana as a God-given daughter. And let the world know, I have another like her in Kennewick (Paige) and a son (Edwin) here in Vancouver who is as dear to us as the boys we raised. [Told you we are blessed!]

Now, if you have read this far, go read Betty's blog for this week. www.wordsndeeds.blogspot.com/ You'll enjoy it. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Dana Wyatt said...

Thank you so much! If I were there I'd give you a big hug and kiss! You've made me smile and feel so special.

I, too, think of you and Betty as mom and dad. I enjoyed each special moment that we shared over those 3 weeks and as far as I am concerned, the "lock in" was one of my favorite parts!!!

You have wonderful children (with amazing spouses and fabulous children!)and I've always felt like part of the family.

Thank you for being a blessing in my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home