Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SEATTLE AT SEVENTY

 
Yup! I've entered another decade. This time, instead of ice cream and cake, to celebrate the milestone, my amazing children and their families planned a super-weekend in Seattle as a shared vacation/holiday --- Their Treat!!
We did all the major tourist events and more. Pioneer Square shopping, the Seattle Waterfront, the Harbor Cruise, Pike Market, Ivar's Chowder House and the Rainforest Restaurant, Seattle's architectural wonder the Central Library, the Center for Wooden Boats, the R.E.I. Flagship Store, Pacific Science Center and the IMAX Theater, the Boeing Museum of Flight, and to top it all, the Space Needle. There was abundant activity in each venue as we took in the amusements and features around us wherever we were.
It was an overwhelming experience and an incredible emotional high. Best of all was having my bride, and kids, and their spouses, and their kids - a tribe of fourteen - all together for four wonderful, happy days. THANKS, FAMILY! My cup generously overflows.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Linda Judd said...

Well, happy happy birthday, Papa John! Sounds like an amazing and memorable celebration. Great picture of all of you.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger LoveMercy said...

Looks like a great time in Seattle. Did you stop at the German deli at Pike's Market?

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Papa John said...

No, we didn't get to the Bavarian Meat Products store, Anita. This was a family trip and we catered to the group. In fact I have enough "personal" items from my list left to keep me busy for two or three more days in downtown Seattle alone. I see another trip some day. However, I can order landjager from BMP by phone and have it delivered in just a couple of days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home