Tuesday, July 06, 2010

AN INTERLUDE WITH FAMILY AND MT.RANIER

You know those times when you feel so overwhelmed you can't seem to get anything done? I've been swimming in a mixed sea of busy times and failed motivation. A deadly combination of urgency and ennui. Sort of a frantic lethargy in which so much is demanding that little is accomplished beyond worry and regret. Thus, this blog, among other things, has been victim to my inattention.

This past weekend, however, I had to get my act in gear in order to join family for our summer getaway to Ohanapecosh, a campground on the southeast slopes of Mt. Ranier a little northeast of Packwood, WA. We pulled the camper trailer up there on Friday morning after picking up the three local granddaughters. The Kennewick family joined us mid-afternoon, and rest of the Vancouverites came during the evening to bring our numbers to eleven for this year's event.

Most of the time this year was spent in camp, reading and enjoying the campfire, meals, visiting, and for the eager, some hiking. Saturday a truckload of us did venture up the mountain to see the new visitor center at Paradise and catch a glimpse of the mountain, some wildlife, flowers and grand panoramic views of the region (when the clouds allowed). Saturday evening we celebrated the twins birthday with gifts and goodies.

By Sunday evening we were home and dashed to the airport to gather up the Juneau family; both grandsons and their parents are going to be with us for nearly three weeks. They have several activities to attend, including a 20th high school reunion, medical/dental appointments, and semi-perpetual shopping. Mainly, Memaw and Papa are going to take advantage of time to bond with Eli and his new brother, Lucas JOHN. When the camera gets going, I'll try to share a picture or few here to demonstrate our precious blessings.

Meanwhile, I have to face another diabetic check-up which I expect to fail, since I have been unable to maintain either diet or exercise enough to keep my weight and numbers under control. That may partly explain the first paragraph. Well, I do have better goals and intentions; now I need a way to convey that truth to my doctor. Any ideas?

1 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Stunning picture. Almost as pretty as the real thing. Are you going to paint it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home