Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MY "FIVE THINGS" LISTS

OK. I was tagged by Linda to continue this string of "FIVE THINGS". So to get the gist of what's going on, see her lists at www.lindaswindow.blogspot.com first. Then read mine (or whatever), and finally post your own and send me a link or a comment so I can find it. First five to do so by Feb. 14th (because of this blog) get a small prize (bribe, bribe). Ya have to offer at least five sets of five, and that's not too difficult.

Five Activities I Enjoy Doing These Days:
1. Reading
2. Bluegrass Music
3. Teaching BIBLE Classes
4. Oil Painting (especially plein air)
5. Trailer Camping

Five Places I would like to visit at length:
1. Rural Japan
2. The British Islands (E, S, I, and W)
3. The American National Parks and Monuments
4. Alaska (especially Eagle for a summer)
5. Southwestern USA (off the Interstates and Highways)

Five Hobbies I've really Enjoyed (Not all active now):
1. Amateur (Ham) Radio
2. Stamp Collecting (USA mint singles)
3. Garage and Estate Sales, and Auctions.
4. Tinkering, Puttering, Fixin', and Makin'
5. Various misc. collections (like small Indian pots)

Five Culteral Interests That Intrigue Me:
1. History of the Japanese-American Internment experience
2. USA Folk Music
3. Museums of Art, Science, Industry, and Local History
4. Biographies of Unique Achievements
5. Ethnic Foods

Five "I Gotta Do" in 2009:
1. Manage my diabetes better
2. Continue to de-clutter and simplify
3. Hand-paint our house
4. More time with each grandkid
5. Deep-sea fishing for albacore tuna

Five Areas to Focus Upon in Prayer in 2009:
1. For more effective Praises of God and Thanksgivings for our blessings
2. For our own needs in health, welfare, and security (esp. BIW)
3. For church(s) to end secular drift and recover Biblical spiritual health and focus
4. For cures to cancer, Parkinsons, Diabetes, ALS, and similar dehabilitating diseases
5. For an end to the holocaust of abortion

OK. It's Your Turn!!

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Linda Judd said...

Great list, John. You know, even though we haven't lived near you and yours for (give me a minute to do the math) 31 years (!!!) I found, reading your list, that I knew and remembered a lot of these facts about you. Thanks for participating :-)

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Dana Wyatt said...

I did it! Yes! I read Mom Betty's first, did my list and then I saw your challenge! Does that still count?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home