Friday, January 12, 2007

BAREFOOT IN THE SNOW

Not all of our family traditions are solemn and dignified.

Running around the house in bare feet when it snows is one. No! Wait! Really! And I don't mean running around inside the house. I mean outside, running around the whole house - outdoors - barefoot, in the first significant new snowfall each year..

Maybe it's an Alaskan thing.

Come to think of it, maybe it's a father-daughter thing. My sons would participate, but it was my daughter who talked about it and schemed to get everyone pumped up to do it each year. And now she is inculcating the tradition in her own daughters.

Sure enough, when they came to Grandpa's house yesterday to retexture his yardfull of unblemished snow, the first words I heard were "When are we going to run around the house in the snow in our bare feet?"

So here's a bit of evidence as to how strong and important and bonding our family traditions really are. BTW, in the fairness of full disclosure, I took the picture after I put my own socks and boots back on. (I ain't a complete dummy.)

Can you tell whose feet these are?

2 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger betty said...

YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!

MOM BETTY

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Not crazy... sentimental, Don't you think? Ok, maybe a little crazy, but we had FUN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home