Sunday, March 29, 2009

BROWN BEAR ON THE WAY TO EAGLE


**OK. After months of rain and wind and cold weather, I am short of a "Spring" photo for this posting.

**However, I was brousing the pictures of our last drive to Eagle, and came across this reminder of how wild and how close some of the animals are along the highways in the northlands. If a close watch is maintained, bears (black and brown), cariboo, sheep, moose, swans, and host of other critters can be enjoyed in their own natural habitat. In this case, I was behind the van, and Brer Bear was ambling along the roadside, lookin' I suppose for the next meal.

**I'm thinking about printing this shot in 8 x 10 and hanging it with some other Alaskan highlights. Whatcha think?
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger G.Wyatt said...

Did you really take that photo? It is so professional looking. Nice work.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Linda Judd said...

Oh, YES! An outstanding shot, John.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger brenvanc said...

Definitely one of my favorites. It would be great to see in print, especially with a nice mat and frame.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger David said...

What I appreciate is the fact that I know your camera. It has a good zoom lens, but not THAT good! I guarantee Mr. Bear was smellin' you by the time you snapped this shot.
Excellent picture Dad. I totally agree with the idea to print and hang this one on the Alaska wall.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Babzy.B said...

Beauiful bear shot indeed !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home