Friday, April 03, 2009

HEAR YE, HEAR YE !! HELP !!

This is mainly a FYI for all who read my blog(s), occasional comments, e-mails, letters, texts, and other iscellaneous documents or attachents. This is also a serious plea for rescue from an annoying combination of problems.

My keyboard is getting "sticky" and "inattentive". Not sticky like with PBJ or honey, but with keys that hesitate when pressed or delay in popping back up caussing an additional extra letter, sometimes well into the next word. It's inattentive in the sense that several keys when hit don't always register the letter, so I get a number of mispellings based on missingg letters which are not the result of my own intended strokes (or maybe it is because of a stroke or other brain fizz-out). The space bar is the worst culprit; I am often going back to separate words thathave run together for lack of the requisite space that did not register. The letter "m' is the next most frequent villian. It often does not show up when entered.

Allthe rest is due to my poor typing or to self-generated errors and "creative spelling" due to fat fingers.

I have "blowed out" the rows and gaps around the keys with compressed air, used a fine tipped paint brush everywhere it would reach, and huffed and puffed, all to no avail. I'm close to appealing to a professional shop or even to anyone who has a viable idea that doesn't sound dangerous or deranged for help in cleaning up the problem.

I'm tired of having to retype or correct 50% of everything I key into text. What solutions have you used to solve this problem??

PS I did not correct this blog so you can see up with what I am having to put!

5 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger LoveMercy said...

Have you tried googling on "how to fix sticky keyboards"? (I use google for everything :) )
I found this one link - I think it involves taking the keys off.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/260783/computer_tips_how_to_unstick_sticky.html?cat=59

If it does not work, I have an extra keyboard.
Let me know.

anita

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Papa John said...

Thanks, dear friend. I'll check it out although removing keys on a laptop doesn't sound like it's in my range of comfort. I got to thinking, my extended warranty ight cover this situation. I may check that out too.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Linda Judd said...

Yes, it ight, John ;-) You should check that out.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Kristi Weber said...

Time for a new keyboard...

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Papa John said...

This is a laptop.

Can I get a new keyboard for it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home