Saturday, January 20, 2007

GRANDPA'S TOYS

OK. There's no question about whether this Grandpa collects stuff or whether he likes toys and gadgets. When the two afflictions collide, it can be fun!

During recent "snow days" while fighting cabin fever, I dug out my collection of curiosities, gathered up related toys and items from drawers and shelves and cubbyholes here and there and installed these treasures in a larger box. So have a look at some of my doo-dads, thing-a-ma-bobs, and whatcha-ma-call-its. Do you have any of this kind of stuff?



Among these oddities and trinkets and miscellaneous are marbles, jacks, yarn weavers, a dippy bird, chatter teeth, penny whistles, yo-yos, crickets, a variety of rubic's cubes, pinball games, puzzels, bug-eye viewers, kaleidoscopes, finger traps, a hand boiler, a button on a string, jacobs ladder, and a bunch more. What else do you spot in the picture?

I'm still gathering old fashioned toys and amusements like this so don't discard anything I might like to add to my treasure box. Maybe we can swap duplicates?

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger G.Wyatt said...

I recognize some of those things from my previous collection. I think I inherited which ever gene it is that makes you collect cool little toys this this. I have several boxes of little toys that I don't know what I will ever use them for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home